Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wiki's

Wiki means "Quick" in Hawaiian, I always wondered where the word came from!
It certainly is a "quick" was of collaborating a website via an infinite number of people being able to edit or add information to to a Wiki site.
Had a look through eh Future Melbourne Wiki site, and thought it was a very interesting idea, to generate input from Melbournians on the way they want to see Melbourne progress in the future.
I also went through the Whirlpool Wiki. Whirlpool is an excellent forum dedicated to broadband and IT related topics, which is a great pint of reference for many things related to IT. I knew that Whirlpool had a very extensive topic coverage, but was amazed when looking at the Index on the Wiki, to how many different topics are actuially collaborated.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael,

    I was amazed my Whirlpool too. The power of collaboration is going to create more and more knowledge at an ever increasing rate.

    ReplyDelete